I am using RPT. Shall i use the loop in...

• perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

N

Nishi Pathak

I am using RPT. Shall i use the loop in schedule or test? And I am using loop in test and have kept login and logout out of the loop. Please someone tell what is a correct approach and why.

Ranjith could you please help me to understand that if I will use the loop in schedule what impact it will create and why we should use loop in test only. Thanks.

The action part that you want to iterate during the test should be loop when you schedule the test. login and logout should be out of loop.

Thanks Vinay, but could you please tell me the difference, i mean what is the advantage or reason we should not put the loop in schedule.

If u will put evrythng in loop you will not have concurrency during the testing. The users will login and logout each time during the execution. Thus in case if maxm vusers are 10, thn maxm users concurrently accessing the server will be 10 or less thn 10 bt not exactly 10 throughout the load test.

Okk thank you so much Vinay. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Thanks Vinay Kumar Singh for explaining it in such an easy way...