loadrunner Hi, As per my knowledge loadrunner counts...

• Thread starter Digvijaysinh Jebaliya
  • Start date
  • perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

D

Digvijaysinh Jebaliya

Hi, As per my knowledge loadrunner counts response time as first byte received from the server after hitting desired URL. Can we change the setting and measure response time as last byte received after hitting URL?

Try enabling web page diagnostics in the scenario, then using the web page breakdown in the resulting analysis session.

In a load test also keep in mind it will only do this analysis for a maximum of 10% of each script grouping. I think however it will do at least 1 of each if lest than 10 is defined.

No the request is measured from when the GET/POST HTTP request is sent to the very last byte is received or the time-out period is reached.

thanks for your input William - I am confused regarding how loadrunner counts response time.....few post in internet says that loadrunner counts response time when it receives 1st byte from server......may i know from where u got this information? or somewhere in loadrunner user guide?

two reasons: 1. the LR is controlled by functions that must complete; they are synchronous, thus they must perform back and forth communication to the SUT to retrieve the data at the speed of the SUT; if a gap in the communications exceeds the setting of 120 seconds then the request will timeout for a web_url() function.

2. for web, LR will provide a break down of the communication phases: like SSL, network time, time to first byte, etc. all of this adds up to the total time from first byte to last byte during a request for service from a SUT.

thanks william........your details answer solved my doubt. I would like to ask one more thing, please help if you know the solution.....Let me explain with an example. I recorded a script with http/html protol. I have correlated 1 dynamic value and run it for 100 users. When i run it for more than 100 users sometime this correlations fails - say 1fail/100pass.....what could be the reason?

my correlation fails in the execution........let us say my transaction with name ABC contains web_reg_save_param function........lets say this transaction executed 500 time.......now this transaction is passing 450 time and fail for 50 times.....what can be the reason ? error message is like - "No match found for parameter xyz " in controller

Well usually that means what it says. On that execution there wasn't a match for your chosen left and right boundary markers in the return stream. You might have to turn on in the logger the returned data from server option and then run.. It's a lot of logging but you might find the entire return data that is messed up by the server every now and then. Could be session related, could be Apache recycling your process threads, could be load balancer temporarily downing a side unnecessarily, could be all sorts of things.

Recently I found an issue when using the date format parameter where it incorrectly processes the "day of week" option when used in conjunction with a web reg find.. BUT only shows up in BAC and not LR or VUGEN native.. Strange stuff.