Hi All I have 2 app server in my application i...

• Thread starter Piyush Shrivastav
  • Start date
  • perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

P

Piyush Shrivastav

Hi All I have 2 app server in my application i have done one failover testing 1 server was down for 1 hour duration during that period i have found response time is less as i think , if load is now limited only to 1 server than response time should be more i am not getting it why does it happened Please help

Failover for app is to find session replication in the server. (User should not lost any transactions in this time) No change in the transaction response time.

Failover testing is to find out how your load balancer is behaving if 1 of the server went down and to verify that all new requests must goes to the remaining servers which are up.. There is nothing which can impact your response time but all in progress requests should fail on the server which went down.

1. Down the first server check the response 2. Down the second server check the response 3. Make available boh sever and check the response time 4. Check both app server settings