Hi All I have 2 app server in my application i...

• Thread starter Piyush Shrivastav
  • Start date
  • perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

P

Piyush Shrivastav

Hi All I have 2 app server in my application i have done one failover testing 1 server was down for 1 hour duration during that period i have found response time is less as i think , if load is now limited only to 1 server than response time should be more i am not getting it why does it happened Please help

Do one more fail over load test with other app server down and compare the result if the problem with the app server and try nullify all other env variables of first fail over load test with respect to your actual load test. If you have any APM tool and then you could compare the actual load on the system of the load nd fail over nd could get the substantial info.

And which environment variable you are talking about

To compare the load test timing nd fail over timings..Any sort of jobs like batch jobs system recovery and system clean up. If there is no chnge at the back end system nd code.

Let me understand. U mean with 2 app server up and running let us assume the response time is 5 secs and during fail over test u mean the response time is 3 sec???

Check whether both of the app server are of same configuration. If both the app server are of different configuration then it suits your scenario want u have described here