loadrunner Help Required : Issue with recording Client Server based...

• perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

R

Ravi Goel

Help Required : Issue with recording Client Server based application (RMI communication) using Java Record and Replay protocol in Load Runner 1. Its a swing based FAT client installed on my local machine which talks to the application using RMI calls. This is an ORPOS (point of sale) application from Oracle 2. I am trying to record it using Java Record and Replay protocol in load runner 3. Application comes with a windows batch file from where we invoke the application 4. I am using same batch file in load runner while recording but when I start recording nothing gets recorded (recorded events don't increase) and thick client opens up successfully 5. I have specified the JDK path properly and have mapped all the application jars as well in the recording options in LR 6. One of the observation is that when I access this batch file which is used to launch application manually then only one windows command prompt opens from where actual thick client open up but when I invoke the same batch file using LR then two windows open up - one windows command prompt which opens during manual invocation as well plus one more window prompt with JRE path on windows from where some execution steps happens and then application thick client opens up. I doubt if Vugen gets mapped to first window and then ignores the second command prompt windows from where the thick client opens up during recording , could this be the reason why events are not getting recorded , if yes what is the workaround. Why there is a difference in the way application opens up manually versus during recording ( one command prompt + two command prompts) Any help on this on will be greatly appreciated. We can do a join.me session if someone is ready to help.

James Pulley ... do you have any suggestion on the problem statement? or something which I can try to get rid of this problem

Commonly I see this when you have a 64 bit java edition in play with 32 bit vugen. Also commonly with a version of Java not supported by your version of loadrunner. Reconcile those items and use the flight sample apps to confirm capability in a controlled fashion before returning to your app

James Pulley sure I will try this , do we have sample java FAT client application from HP which I can try to simulate as you mentioned? I can see only Web tours app in samples. Also does HP provide 64 bit LR setup as well?