Can anyone explain how to find min and Max...

• perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

R

Ravi Ranjan

Can anyone explain how to find min and Max interval in random pacing? TIA

Hi Ravi rajan . i hope it doesnt depend on domain based While ur talking about Telecom industry. it depends on application how it behaves , and we also have to consider how think time behaves in application based on that we can increase and decrease pacing eventually

you have defined the pacing period as Random between 72 seconds to 360 seconds. The load runner takes any random time between 72 seconds minimum and maximum 360 seconds . Simple isnt it?

Anup Apasangi How to decide the min should be 72 and Max 360? Suppose I have pacing of 80 and I want to randomize it then What will be the min and Max value so that at end of 1hr test I will get the same TPS

First of all you need to have the workload model for your test. You can do it with the help of analyzing the logs(you have some tools too) or asking the business user about how many Hits per second or Transaction per second they want. Depending on this you can calculate the pacing and even think time too.

You simply follow workload model that's it.

let's see. if you need to perform 60 txns per hour using 10 users then each user need to perform 6 per hour. In seconds, one iteration every 600 seconds. so your pacing value for random could be between 590 and 610 seconds or 580 and 620 seconds. As long as the average pacing do not exceed 600 seconds it will be good. in the above example 580+620 = 1200/2=600. Please ensure ur individual steps + think time is less than pacing.

Thanks Vinodh Kumar so the achieved pacing will be average of min and max value. If we give min value 200 and max value 1000 then also it will generate the average pacing 600 right?

as long as ur min value is higher than duration of 1 iteration it should be ok Ravi Ranjan