loadrunner Can any one suggest which performance testing...

• perf-test.com need your contributions to build up a strong repository of performance engineering resources.

R

Raja Sekhar

Can any one suggest which performance testing tool that is compatible with .Net 4.5 stand alone application?

I assume the latest version, always. Keep in mind, .NET recording is very complex. You need to understand how the app was built in order to record it.

.NET recording is *very* difficult. You definitely need to keep up with the latest VUGen versions because .NET 4.5 wasn't even around when LR 9.52 was created.

Be prepared to filter through thousands of lines of useless C# code unless you really know what you are looking for. It is more like real application programming than any other protocol that I've seen and that includes WinSock, COM/DCOM, and DB among others that I've used.

Setting your filters before recording is critical, and we're always looking for ways to improve the filtering process to make it more automated. However, since we cannot know in advance what classes the target application is using, it will always involve some knowledge of the application on the part of the tester.

You are on a LoadRunnner message board. I hate to sound like a biased fanboy, but you aren't going to get much competing information here. That said, I can tell you that even Microsoft's product for performance testing doesn't support .NET scripting last I checked. Good luck finding anything else that does.